Information to Know Before Starting
Before starting to use these configuration notes, complete the following table to make sure you have the required information to complete the different steps.
|Information||Value||Used in Step|
|IP address used by your Mediatrix unit to communicate with the Management
||Use this value: 192.168.0.10||Logging on to the Mediatrix Unit Web Interface|
||Logging on to the Mediatrix Unit Web Interface|
|IP address or FQDN of the SIP Registrar Host||Configuring the Default SIP Servers|
|IP address or FQDN of the Proxy Host||Configuring the Default SIP Servers|
|IP address or FQDN of the SIP Proxy Host of Messaging Server Host (if required)||Configuring the Default SIP Servers|
|SIP username and password of each gateway||Configuring Gateway Authentication|
|Realm used for each gateway||Configuring Gateway Authentication|
Basic SIP Gateway Registration
This scenario describes how to perform a Basic Sip Gateway Registration for the Mediatrix units.
Logging on to the Mediatrix Unit Web Interface
In your Web browser, enter the IP address at which the Web interface of your
Mediatrix unit can be reached.
- If your network has an IPv4 DHCP server, connect the primary Ethernet port of the Mediatrix unit to the network (ETH1 port), use the provided DHCP server IP address.
- You can also connect your computer to the secondary Ethernet port of the Mediatrix unit (ETH2), use the 192.168.0.10 IP address. However, the computer must also own an IP address in the 192.168.0.0/24 network.
Enter admin as your
username and administrator as the
Note: You can also use public as a username and leave the password field empty; it has the full administration rights by default.
- Click Login.
Configuring the Default SIP Servers
- Go to SIP/Servers.
- In the Registrar Host field, indicate the server IP address or FQDN of the SIP Registrar server .
- In the Proxy Host field, indicate the server IP address or FQDN of the SIP Proxy server.
- In the Messaging Server Host field, indicate the server IP address or FQDN of the Messaging server, if needed.
Leave the Outbound Proxy Host field
empty, unless specifically instructed to set a value.
Note: Setting the address to 0.0.0.0:0 or leaving the field empty disables the outbound proxy host.
- Click Apply.
- Located at the top of the page, click restart required services.
Configuring the Keep Alive feature
- Go to SIP/Servers.
- In the Keep-Alive table, complete the fields as required.
- If you selected an alternate destination, complete the fields of the Alternate Destination table.
Configuring Gateway Authentication
- Go to SIP/Authentication.
- Click Edit All Entries located at the bottom of the page.
- In the Authentication table, from the Criteria selection list, select Gateway for all gateways needing registration.
- From the Gateway selection list, select the related gateway for each entry.
- From the Realm field, enter the provided realm and from the Validate Realm selection list, select Enable. If no Realm was provided, leave the field empty and from the Validate Realm selection list, select Disable.
- In the User Name field, enter the SIP user name for each entry.
- In the Password field, enter the appropriate password for each entry.
- Click Apply and Refresh Registration.
Configuring OPTIONS Method Support
- Go to SIP/Interop.
- In the SIP Interop table, from the OPTIONS Method Support selection list, select Always 200 OK.
- Click Apply.
Copyright © 2022 Media5 Corporation.
This document contains information that is proprietary to Media5 Corporation.
Media5 Corporation reserves all rights to this document as well as to the Intellectual Property of the document and the technology and know-how that it includes and represents.
This publication cannot be reproduced, neither in whole nor in part, in any form whatsoever, without written prior approval by Media5 Corporation.
Media5 Corporation reserves the right to revise this publication and make changes at any time and without the obligation to notify any person and/or entity of such revisions and/or changes.