Information to know before Analysing G729 Streams Using Audacity
Extracting the G729 Audio Stream from a Wireshark Capture
Opening the Capture in Wireshark
- Open Wireshark.
- If you do not see the RTP packets (G279), right click on a UDP packet and select Decode as .
- Click + located at the bottom left corner of the window.
- From the Current column, select RTP.
- Click OK.
Extracting the Media Stream to an AU file
- Open Wireshark.
- Go to Telephony/RTP/RTP Streams.
- Select the desired stream.
- Click Analyze.
- Click Save.
- Select Unsynchronized Forward Stream Audio
- Give a name to the file and Save it in *.au format (for example, Sample.au)
Importing an AU File in Audacity
Audacity is a free audio editor and recorder. It is an Open Source software released under the GNU General Public Licence.
To download Audacity, click on the link: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
- Open Audacity.
- Go to File/Open and select the *.au file created in Extracting the Media Stream to an AU file section.
If you are not familiar with the meaning of the fields and buttons, click Show Help, located at the upper right corner of the Web page. When activated, the fields and buttons that offer online help will change to green and if you hover over them, the description will bedisplayed.
Mediatrix devices are supplied with an exhaustive set of documentation.
Mediatrix user documentation is available on the Media5 Documentation Portal.
- Release notes: Generated at each GA release, this document includes the known and solved issues of the software. It also outlines the changes and the new features the release includes.
- Configuration notes: These documents are created to facilitate the configuration of a specific use case. They address a configuration aspect we consider that most users will need to perform. However, in some cases, a configuration note is created after receiving a question from a customer. They provide standard step-by-step procedures detailing the values of the parameters to use. They provide a means of validation and present some conceptual information. The configuration notes are specifically created to guide the user through an aspect of the configuration.
- Technical bulletins: These documents are created to facilitate the configuration of a specific technical action, such as performing a firmware upgrade.
- Hardware installation guide: They provide the detailed procedure on how to safely and adequately install the unit. It provides information on card installation, cable connections, and how to access for the first time the Management interface.
- User guide: The user guide explains how to customise to your needs the configuration of the unit. Although this document is task oriented, it provides conceptual information to help the user understand the purpose and impact of each task. The User Guide will provide information such as where and how TR-069 can be configured in the Management Interface, how to set firewalls, or how to use the CLI to configure parameters that are not available in the Management Interface.
- Reference guide: This exhaustive document has been created for advanced users. It includes a description of all the parameters used by all the services of the Mediatrix units. You will find, for example, scripts to configure a specific parameter, notification messages sent by a service, or an action description used to create Rulesets. This document includes reference information such as a dictionary, and it does not include any step-by-step procedures.
Copyright © 2023 Media5 Corporation.
This document contains information that is proprietary to Media5 Corporation.
Media5 Corporation reserves all rights to this document as well as to the Intellectual Property of the document and the technology and know-how that it includes and represents.
This publication cannot be reproduced, neither in whole nor in part, in any form whatsoever, without written prior approval by Media5 Corporation.
Media5 Corporation reserves the right to revise this publication and make changes at any time and without the obligation to notify any person and/or entity of such revisions and/or changes.