The Reset/Default button is a switch that can be used to perform a partial or factory reset while the unit is running.
- Cancel an action that was started.
- Revert to known factory settings if the Mediatrix unit refuses to work properly for any reason or the connection to the network is lost.
- Reconfigure a unit.
|Power1 blinking, all other LEDs OFF||Restarts the Mediatrix unit.||No changes are made to the Mediatrix unit settings.|
|All LEDs blinking, 1cycle per second, 50% duty||Initiates a Partial Reset of the Mediatrix unit.||Restarts the unit in a known and static state while keeping most of the configuration unchanged.|
|All LEDs steady ON||Initiates a Factory Reset of the Mediatrix unit.||Reverts the unit back to its default factory settings.|
|All LEDs will become OFF after blinking and being steady on.||No action is taken. This is useful if you accidentally pushed the button and do not need and action to be applied.||The action is ignored.|
Mediatrix devices are supplied with an exhaustive set of documentation.
Mediatrix user documentation is available on the Media5 Documentation Portal.
- Release notes: Generated at each GA release, this document includes the known and solved issues of the software. It also outlines the changes and the new features the release includes.
- Configuration notes: These documents are created to facilitate the configuration of a specific use case. They address a configuration aspect we consider that most users will need to perform. However, in some cases, a configuration note is created after receiving a question from a customer. They provide standard step-by-step procedures detailing the values of the parameters to use. They provide a means of validation and present some conceptual information. The configuration notes are specifically created to guide the user through an aspect of the configuration.
- Technical bulletins: These documents are created to facilitate the configuration of a specific technical action, such as performing a firmware upgrade.
- Hardware installation guide: They provide the detailed procedure on how to safely and adequately install the unit. It provides information on card installation, cable connections, and how to access for the first time the Management interface.
- User guide: The user guide explains how to customise to your needs the configuration of the unit. Although this document is task oriented, it provides conceptual information to help the user understand the purpose and impact of each task. The User Guide will provide information such as where and how TR-069 can be configured in the Management Interface, how to set firewalls, or how to use the CLI to configure parameters that are not available in the Management Interface.
- Reference guide: This exhaustive document has been created for advanced users. It includes a description of all the parameters used by all the services of the Mediatrix units. You will find, for example, scripts to configure a specific parameter, notification messages sent by a service, or an action description used to create Rulesets. This document includes reference information such as a dictionary, and it does not include any step-by-step procedures.
Copyright © 2022 Media5 Corporation.
This document contains information that is proprietary to Media5 Corporation.
Media5 Corporation reserves all rights to this document as well as to the Intellectual Property of the document and the technology and know-how that it includes and represents.
This publication cannot be reproduced, neither in whole nor in part, in any form whatsoever, without written prior approval by Media5 Corporation.
Media5 Corporation reserves the right to revise this publication and make changes at any time and without the obligation to notify any person and/or entity of such revisions and/or changes.