Configuration Scripts Import and Export
Importing and exporting configuration scripts allows you to modify in whole or in part the configuration script used on your unit.
Configuration scripts are files containing textual commands that are sent over the network to a Mediatrix unit. Upon receiving the file, the unit executes each command line in sequence. Script commands can assign values to configuration variables, or execute configuration commands.
A configuration script can be used on any firmware version, regardless of the firmware version it was exported from. It is possible to import a complete configuration script, a subset of the configuration script or even a few lines of a configuration script.
- Change one or several script commands
- Add new commands
- Change parameter values
- Add parameters
- Replace the complete configuration script
Scripts are written by the system administrator and can be used to accomplish various tasks, such as automating recurrent configuration tasks or batch-applying configuration settings to multiple devices. Scripts can be executed once or periodically at a specified interval. They can also be scheduled to be executed when the Mediatrix unit starts.
Importing a Configuration Script from Your PC
- Go to Management/Configuration Scripts/Execute.
- If you are not using HTTPS, click Activate unsecure file importation from the Web browser.
- In the Upload Script Through Web Browser table, browse to the location of the file you wish to import.
If the file is encrypted, complete the Privacy Key field.
Note: The privacy key must match the privacy key used to encrypt the file.
- Click Upload and Execute.
- Located at the top of the page, click Refresh.
Exporting a Configuration Script to Your PC
- Go to Management/Configuration Scripts/Export.
- If you are not using HTTPS, click Activate unsecure file importation from the Web browser located at the top of the page.
- In the Download Script From Web Browser table, from the Content selection list, choose if you wish to export only what is different from the factory configuration script or the complete configuration.
If you wish to use encryption for transfer operations, complete the Privacy Key field.
Note: Media5 corp strongly recommends to use encryption to protect certificates and passwords.
- Click Export and Download.
If you are not familiar with the meaning of the fields and buttons, click Show Help, located at the upper right corner of the Web page. When activated, the fields and buttons that offer online help will change to green and if you hover over them, the description will be displayed.
Mediatrix units are supplied with an exhaustive set of documentation.
Mediatrix user documentation is available on the Media5 Documentation Portal at http://documentation.media5corp.com
Several types of documents were created to clearly present the information you are looking for. Our documentation includes:
- Release notes: Generated at each GA release, this document includes the known and solved issues of the software. It also outlines the changes and the new features the release includes.
- Configuration notes: These documents are created to facilitate the configuration of a specific use case. They address a configuration aspect we consider that most users will need to perform. However, in some cases, a configuration note is created after receiving a question from a customer. They provide standard step-by-step procedures detailing the values of the parameters to use. They provide a means of validation and present some conceptual information. The configuration notes are specifically created to guide the user through an aspect of the configuration.
- Technical bulletins: These documents are created to facilitate the configuration of a specific technical action, such as performing a firmware upgrade.
- Hardware installation guide: They provide the detailed procedure on how to safely and adequately install the unit. It provides information on card installation, cable connections, and how to access for the first time the Management interface.
- User guide: The user guide explains how to customise to your needs the configuration of the unit. Although this document is task oriented, it provides conceptual information to help the user understand the purpose and impact of each task. The User Guide will provide information such as where and how TR-069 can be configured in the Management Interface, how to set firewalls, or how to use the CLI to configure parameters that are not available in the Management Interface.
- Reference guide: This exhaustive document has been created for advanced users. It includes a description of all the parameters used by all the services of the Mediatrix units. You will find, for example, scripts to configure a specific parameter, notification messages sent by a service, or an action description used to create Rulesets. This document includes reference information such as a dictionary, and it does not include any step-by-step procedures.
Copyright © 2020 Media5 Corporation.
This document contains information that is proprietary to Media5 Corporation.
Media5 Corporation reserves all rights to this document as well as to the Intellectual Property of the document and the technology and know-how that it includes and represents.
This publication cannot be reproduced, neither in whole nor in part, in any form whatsoever, without written prior approval by Media5 Corporation.
Media5 Corporation reserves the right to revise this publication and make changes at any time and without the obligation to notify any person and/or entity of such revisions and/or changes.